HGV Driver Training - Category C1+E
For vehicles between 3,500kg and 7,500kg
with trailers up to 3,500kg
- Allows to drive a van up to 7.5 tonnes with a trailer up to 3500kg.
- Opens the door to many delivery driver job opportunities including removals.
- Gives you the freedom to drive your own motorhome up to 7500kg and tow a trailer.
- Gives you the freedom to drive your own horse box up to 7500kg and tow a trailer.
- Increased awareness and confidence with vehicle manoeuvres.
In order to gain your Cat C1 + E licence, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a car (Cat B) licence
- Be able to read a new style number plate from 20 metres away (using glasses if necessary)
- Have a minimum of 12 months driving experience
- Pass a HGV Medical
- Have the provisional entitlement for Cat C1 + E on your licence
- Before you can get behind the wheel you also need to have passed your Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception theory tests
- CPC Mod 2 and Mod 4 is required if you wish to drive as a career
- Practical training with an instructor
- 3A reversing test
- 3B practical test
We can support you with all of these requirements if you choose our full package.
What’s Included in Your Training?
Support with application for Provisional Licence
Online Study Pack
Theory tests – Multiple Choice / Hazard Perception
CPC Mod 2 Study pack and test
CPC Mod 4 training and test
Typical Hours in vehicle
3A reversing test including coupling/uncoupling
3B practical test
After completing your medical and theory tests you will commence the following training:
Introduction to your training programme and vehicle.
Driving practise including comprehensive vehicle checks
Training for 3A reversing/ coupling test.
3B Practical Test
If required, you can complete your Mod 2 and 4 CPC at any point within your training journey.
Training Programme Fees
HGV Driver Training – Cat C1+E £1,645 – £2,035
dependent upon experience We offer a personalised quotation to every client and you will only ever pay for what you require. What the fee covers:
- Support applying for provisional licence
- Study pack
- Theory tests
- CPC training and study pack
- Mod 2 and Mod 4 CPC tests
- 15 – 20 hours Practical Training
- 3A reversing including coupling/uncoupling test
- 3B practical Test
Effective date: 16/09/2022. Premier Fleet Solutions Ltd (FRN 983987) has been added as an Appointed Representative under Funding Falcon Ltd (FRN:743100). Premier Fleet Solutions Ltd is an Introducer Appointed Representative (IAR) of Funding Falcon Ltd which is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This arrangement means that the IAR can act on behalf of a firm (its Principal firm) that is authorised for specific regulated business in the UK. Funding Falcon Ltd ONLY provides Credit Broking services to Premier Fleet Solutions Ltd and is responsible for these regulated activities. IARs can have more than one Principal firm and can only introduce customers to another firm and/or give out certain kinds of marketing material.
PFS Training is the trading name of Premier Fleet Solutions Limited, which is a company registered in England & Wales.
Company Number: 5545965 · Vat Number: 392590664