HGV Driver Training - Category C+E
- C+E is the highest HGV driving licence you can hold and therefore if you hold this licence you can command higher rates of pay.
- A wealth of job opportunities both locally, nationally and internationally.
- Having a C+E licence means you will be among the most in demand and respected drivers on the road.
- A secure income and career longevity
- An enjoyable job with opportunities to work and visit different locations in the UK and beyond.
In order to take the Class 1 license test you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a car (Cat B) licence
- Be able to read a new style number plate from 20 metres away (using glasses if necessary)
- Have a minimum of 12 months driving experience
- Pass a HGV Medical
- Have the provisional entitlement for C+E on your licence
- Before you can get behind the wheel you also need to have passed your Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception theory tests
- CPC Mod 2 and Mod 4 is required if you wish to drive as a career
- Practical training with an instructor
- 3A reversing and coupling/uncoupling test
- 3B Practical test
We can support you with all of these requirements if you choose our full package.
What’s Included in Your Training?
Support with application for Provisional Licence
Online Study Pack
Theory tests – Multiple Choice / Hazard Perception
CPC Mod 2 Study pack and test
CPC Mod 4 training and test
Typical Hours in vehicle
3A Reversing / Coupling test
3B Practical Test
After completing your medical and theory tests you will commence the following training:
Introduction to your training programme and vehicle.
Driving practise including comprehensive vehicle checks
Training for 3A reversing and coupling/uncoupling test.
3B Practical Test
You can complete your Mod 2 and 4 CPC at any point within your training journey.
Training Programme Fees
HGV Driver Training – Cat C+E £1,915 – £3,360
dependent upon experience of driving large vehicles. We offer a personalised quotation to every client and you will only ever pay for what you require. What the fee covers:
- Support applying for provisional licence
- Study Pack
- Theory tests
- CPC training and study pack
- Mod 2 and Mod 4 CPC tests
- Practical Training
- 3A reversing and coupling test
- 3B Practical Test
PFS Training is the trading name of Premier Fleet Solutions Limited, which is a company registered in England & Wales.
Company Number: 5545965 · Vat Number: 392590664